My take on this strange thing we call life.

All text that appears in this blog has come from my mind and are my own opinions.
It will also contain relevant images and quotes and music.
Finally it will contain images of the many tattoo's that I get tempted by.

Wednesday 23 January 2013

Life

One question I've recently started to ask myself is, when does life start to matter? Like at what point should I switch on and think yeah, I need to start doing something now, and start to care where my life is going. This has been brought on due to the occurrence of my exams. I find myself not worrying and not bothering to put in any hard work for what a lot of people would see as a 'good opportunity' to get a good degree. To be honest I'm not fussed about university, or my degree. Obviously I want a decent mark, like at least a 2:1, but I've come to realise also, that university is easy. A little bit of work here and there and your laughing.

So why do I not care, and when should I switch on? Why don't I put in that little effort? Surely I should be planning my future and doing this work now to set myself up for the working life. One answer I give myself is that because I want to enjoy myself. Everything I do in life is chosen because I enjoy it, or because I want to do it. At the moment I don't want to care about my future, to an extent, and just live it as it comes which may sound stupid to some but it's working fine for me. It's made me realise how weird it is that so many people just live a normal life, that seems to be what life should be, e.g. Education, job, work, relationship, retire. I'm not saying it's not the right thing to be doing as everyone is free to do what they want in their own worlds, but it's just not how I  perceive an enjoyable life to be.

So yeah, no real direction in this post other than that I have realised that the world is a big place, and nothing is impossible so why worry about anything now. There are better things to do than worry, so just be happy and live for the present.

No comments:

Post a Comment