My take on this strange thing we call life.

All text that appears in this blog has come from my mind and are my own opinions.
It will also contain relevant images and quotes and music.
Finally it will contain images of the many tattoo's that I get tempted by.

Tuesday 8 January 2013

A brief idea about life


What is life? Surely there is a reason why we’re here. Some people say there's only one thing we’re certain of in life; that we die. I disagree. Who knows that we die? In my mind we only know what has happened first hand to us. I haven’t died yet so I don’t know that I will do in the future, and presumably no one reading this has died yet so how do you know it happens? How do you know that it is a part of life? This may seem strange as you know people that have died and it may, like myself, lead to thoughts of death. Not suicide, but a deeper look into whether I can die or not and whether it does exist.
This whole idea, and a deeper expansion of it is all linked to Solipsism (look it up, it’s interesting) but I won’t go into that theory right now; maybe another time. My way of thinking is that my mind is the only thing I can be certain of existing therefore must be the definition of life. However this  is a definition that I can't define, but just understand. Even I confuse myself but it makes sense... What if everything I see is a projection of my mind that I can’t control, other than what I do with my body and speech. In my mind no one is reading this because my ‘projection’ can’t physically witness anyone reading it. We can't be sure of anything in this life as it is all based on perception and what we believe. Deep thinking I know but if you understand it and accept it, instead of washing it away and just accepting the perceived world, then it’s quite a clever thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment