My take on this strange thing we call life.

All text that appears in this blog has come from my mind and are my own opinions.
It will also contain relevant images and quotes and music.
Finally it will contain images of the many tattoo's that I get tempted by.

Sunday 13 January 2013

Relationship Decisions


Imagine what you could have in life if you set your mind to it, or just acted upon what you think needs to be done. Technically the possibilities are endless. My aim in life is to end up in Australia, living a good life with money behind me and with the right person. Don’t ask why Australia, but it’s just been a dream of mine to go there since I was a child. Yes I can make all this happen, it’s not hard to make a bit of money, make the right decisions and move out there. You just have to make things happen and make the right choices. The last part of my aim however (the right person) is something I've had to consider a lot recently. 

I often wonder what my life would be like without the one thing that the majority of people in the world look for. A relationship. I've been lucky enough to have been in one for nearly 6 years now and there have defiantly been bad parts to the story, but all in all it’s been good. I feel I have finally found what love is; or my interpretation of it anyway. My only problem however is the curiosity of my life and what could be if I wasn't in a relationship. Is this ‘the right person’ I want for the future? How do I justify which decision to make when it comes to love? I’m not saying that my curiosity lies with wanting to be single and just go sleeping around, or just get into other relationships as I was accused of in a sense, because I don’t. I’d just want to have the freedom for a while and see where it takes me. Like an adventure so to speak. But then there’s the uncertainty that lies beyond. I know it isn't fair on my girlfriend, but she already knows this as we had a big talk last summer and from what I thought was a definite path in my life (leaving her), she made me see a bit of sense and give her another chance, for which I’m grateful. I had decided that splitting up was the correct decision and only option to clear my mind and move forward with my life, yet by convincing me other-wise here we are. I'm not saying it's perfect now, as I wouldn't be writing this, but it's a whole lot better and I don't feel I have any big questions to decide.
I don't really have an answer on when the time is right to sit down and talk about any problems, or how to make the right decision. I suppose only you in your own mind know that. I'm guessing most relationships come to this stage and everyone deals with it differently. I chose this choice, to give her another chance, and my life has moved on. Whether it was the right choice or not, I'll never know. You never do know what will be, unless you try it.

I could go on in different directions talking about relationships, and my interpretation on them, but I’ll save that for the future. I’m happy at the moment, but like I already have been doing, I will start to wonder again. Wonder what I could have and wonder if I could be happier. I’m not expecting a perfect relationship with a perfect woman; I’ll just have to see where this one takes me. Only time will tell if she is the one for me and joins me Australia to complete the perfect scenario.

No comments:

Post a Comment